Wipers Wiper Brands Rain-X How long does Rain-X last before reapplication is needed?

How long does Rain-X last before reapplication is needed?

How long does Rain-X last before reapplication is needed?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Jenni

09-28-2023, 12:00 AM #1
I’ve been using Rain-X on my windshield for a while now, and I’m wondering how often I should reapply it to keep getting the best water-beading effect. 

How long does it usually last for you before you notice it wearing off? And does anyone have any tips for making it last longer? I’d appreciate any advice!
Jenni
09-28-2023, 12:00 AM #1

I’ve been using Rain-X on my windshield for a while now, and I’m wondering how often I should reapply it to keep getting the best water-beading effect. 

How long does it usually last for you before you notice it wearing off? And does anyone have any tips for making it last longer? I’d appreciate any advice!

Nicko
Administrator

09-02-2024, 11:47 AM #2
I've been using Rain-X on my windshield for a few years now, and in my experience, it usually lasts about 2 to 3 months before I start noticing the water-beading effect wearing off. Of course, this can vary depending on how often you drive, the weather conditions, and how much you use your wipers. For example, heavy rain and lots of wiper use can wear it off faster.

As for reapplication, I usually do it every couple of months to keep the windshield in top shape, especially before the rainy season or a long road trip. One trick I’ve found that helps it last longer is to make sure the windshield is super clean before applying it. I use a good glass cleaner and even a clay bar sometimes to remove any stubborn dirt or residue. Also, applying a second coat after the first one has dried can make a difference.
Nicko
09-02-2024, 11:47 AM #2

I've been using Rain-X on my windshield for a few years now, and in my experience, it usually lasts about 2 to 3 months before I start noticing the water-beading effect wearing off. Of course, this can vary depending on how often you drive, the weather conditions, and how much you use your wipers. For example, heavy rain and lots of wiper use can wear it off faster.

As for reapplication, I usually do it every couple of months to keep the windshield in top shape, especially before the rainy season or a long road trip. One trick I’ve found that helps it last longer is to make sure the windshield is super clean before applying it. I use a good glass cleaner and even a clay bar sometimes to remove any stubborn dirt or residue. Also, applying a second coat after the first one has dried can make a difference.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average